- Special Events!
- Concerts & Tickets
- Plan Your Visit
- Meet Us
- Support Us
- Community Outreach
- Wheeling Symphony Youth Orchestra
- Bluegrass Barbecue 2012
- WSYO Upcoming Events
- Meet the WSYO
- WSYO Supporters
- Member Information
- Media Gallery
- Give to the WSYO!
WSYO Attendance Policy*
Professional responsibility is critical to musical excellence. Absences from rehearsals are detrimental to the orchestra’s progress and counterproductive to personal growth, regardless of how accomplished one may be. We understand that absence may on occasion be unavoidable and have accordingly developed the following policies:
1. All members are expected to attend all scheduled full orchestra rehearsals and performances.
2. Absence request forms for rehearsals must be submitted to the Manager one (1) week in advance of the date of the absence.
3. No member will be excused from a dress rehearsal or any rehearsal scheduled within seven (7) days of a concert.
4. Missing a dress rehearsal or concert is grounds for dismissal.
5. Two (2) unexcused absences will result in dismissal from the orchestra.
Exceptions to these policies will be made only under special circumstances, for which a written request must be given to the Manager and subsequently cleared with the Music Director and Conductor.
In case of illness or emergency, please leave a message on the office answering machine (ext. 14) at 304.232.6191.
*This policy is also outlined in the WSYO 2011-2012 Handbook on pages 10 & 11.